Sunday, 13 September 2015

Writing to describe

In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:



How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks



I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks



I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks



Reflection

My favourite part was: getting to chose to write about Stanley because he helps me look after my frog.

It was really hard when: keeping on adding lots of details because I thought I had finished.

Something that really helped me was: reading over my writing to make sure that it makes sense.

Something new I learned was: using the plan to add details.

Kerri Thinks
You have written a great piece about Stanley and have shared some great details that help us to see him like you do. You have started to plan your writing but remember to add more ideas and details to the plan. This will help you make sure your ideas are in order and add details as you write your story. Your next step is to reread your writing to make sure it makes sense and to do some fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment