Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Reading

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next

Photo of film strip summary sheet

How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks



I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks


Reflection

Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: it helps me remember what happened in the story.

It was really hard to: sound out the words that I didn't know.

Something that really helped me was:  retell in the story to someone because it helps me remember more of the story.

Something new I learned was:  how to summarise a story by drawing pictures on the film strips.

Kerri Thinks
I love how you are so keen to share you thinking before and after reading. Thinking about what we know before we start reading helps us to get our brains ready for new ideas and it can help us to work out some new and tricky words.Your next step is to increase reading fluency, this means to make your reading sound like talking. Reading the story more than once and recording then listening to yourself read can help with fluency. Remember to read the punctuation to build fluency.

No comments:

Post a Comment