Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initiative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by:  I take turns with my friends

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: pick up rubbish and put it in the bin

It was really hard when: to. Remember to do it all the time

Kerri Thinks
Jack, you are a great learner and show leadership by making sure you are trying to do the right thing. Keep working hard so you always try your very best. Remember initiative is all about making some choices for yourself, have a think and then have a go. Your next step is to take a few risks... it doesn't matter if you make a mistake, mistakes can be some of the best learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment